Sunday 16 April 2017

Stuck

Last November 2016 I realised I was stuck.  Stuck in a rut of never achieving what I wanted to achieve.  I'm still stuck but at least I know what is causing it and recognise it's going to be a work in progress to get out of.



My rut is my clutter.  I've been reading a lot of books about clutter and the psychology behind it.  I'm not sure I fully understand it because I haven't got rid of it and am still living with it.  All I know is that it stops me from doing what I love because it's become a heavy burden to bear.



There are two conflicting sides of my personality.  One side has this need for organisation, everything to have a place or home and to look neat and tidy.  The other side, the creative, artistic side can't live without colour, cosiness, bits and pieces that mean much to me and bring me joy.


 

How to find the balance is the hard part because to deny the two sides of my personality is just not going to happen. 


I found the above image on Pinterest and the explosion on the right side is what happens to me on a daily basis but it's suppressed mightily by elements on the left such as "I am order" as opposed to "I am everything I wanted to be" on the right.  The right side craves to be heard but the left side suppresses the voice of the right side leaving me one frustrated person.

My desire is to live a vibrant, colourful, creative life with order and not chaos which irritates me.  Can one live with the other?  I'm on a mission to find out.

Anne

1 comment:

  1. Hello Anne! Lovely to see a post from you. I like the image you found, I am most definitely all left brained! That's always been my way :)

    I just popped by to say thanks for your comment... I will be replying to your email in the near future... Emails are the first thing I let slip when life is busy as I just can't face sitting down to read and reply when my days are busy!

    I will be in touch soon, hope you are well :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking time to comment